Old April 30th 11, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default 2-33s now made of gold?

I have a student transitioning from hang gliders that is amazed by the
terrific L/D and speed range of the 2-33.
It has a great handicap...

My sofa was way cheaper and has about the same glide ratio.

Let's have this discussion when your sofa 50 is years old.

Debating the pros & cons of 2-33's, or the pros and cons of aluminum airframe
construction, is about as fruitful and conclusive as debating religion. I'm
utterly convinced that if only their radial engines hadn't been run out of the
market by the jet turbine conspiracy, that - eventually - fervid pilots would
be dissing the metal fatigue related issues of DC-3 airframes, because sooner
or later, they *will* begin to suffer from fatigue issues. The darned things
should never have been built out of aluminum.

Right now I'm going to channel Hitler to get his opinion on the subject...

Bob - is it spring yet? - W.