Old November 18th 03, 06:47 PM
Jim

Try several short flights and landing just as soon as you start feeling
queezy. I did all my IR work in Wisconsin, the winter, without a coat, and
with the heat OFF. That was the only way I could get through it. My
instructor froze his ass, but I was fine. Coldness still works for me, any
time I feel the least bit queezy, the heat and my coat go off. It happened
just last week doing rudder excersises in a Super Cub, even though the
outside air temp was 20 degrees, once I got my coat off and the heat off, I
was fine.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"No Such User" wrote in message
I wonder if I have what it takes to get an instrument rating. I can fly
just fine when the air is smooth, but if there's any turbulence I can
last at most two minutes before I have to choose between taking off the
hood or losing my lunch. The general consensus seems to be that this
will go away eventually, but I haven't seen any sign of it.

So to all those pilots out there, how many of you gave up on an IR because
of motion sickness? How many of you started out getting queasy but
eventually got over it?

Also, in case you're tempted to offer your home remedy, I've already
tried the usual tricks, e.g., ginger, light eating, no eating, high-carb
eating, the electric wrist-strap gizmo. Nothing helps.