Old August 19th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian[_1_]

Default NTSB Accidents & Incidents

On Aug 18, 4:36 pm, john smith wrote:
In article ,
Ron Wanttaja wrote:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:57:47 -0400, john smith wrote:

I find it interesting that the only accident/incident reported at
AirVenture 2007 is the P-51.
So much for the NTSB not being influenced by politics.

Which others met NTSB Part 830 criteria?

Ron Wanttaja

N377CT
The pilot stalled it 12 feet above the runway and dropped it in,
breaking the landing gear off. Monday, July 24, ~ 10:30 AM CDT.
The folks in the CT told me they were going to strip everything out of
it and reinstall them in new airframe.

Damage to the landing gear is not considered an accident. From what
you describe it appears to only be an incident. Incidents for Part 91
operations do not normally show up on the NTSB Web site.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL