Old July 5th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Landings Carthage, Jackson and Madison MS - Video

wrote:

FOR ME, I don't like changing the airplane configuration while on
short final or in the flare. I fly a BE 23 (Sundowner) and and what
you suggest above would require me to reach for the floor for the flap
handle. Flaps are manual.

Since I have the same plane, the thought that crossed my mind involved
accidentally dumping all the flaps. 8^(

When practicing stall recovery, I have accidentally dumped all the flaps
when trying to pull 'em in a notch. It's not something I'd want to do @
50 ft. AGL while doing everything else that goes with that point in the
landing.