Old July 6th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

Default Landings Carthage, Jackson and Madison MS - Video

On Jul 6, 4:50*am, " wrote:
Did some short field work over at Carthage (50 foot wide runway by
3000), made a full stop at KJAN and had to taxi to the parallel runway
and of course had to return home.

At Carthage, thermals from the runway made me float more down the
runway then I cared to and it reflected on my landings. * Plane just
didn't want to sink despite me coming down final as slow as possible.

Not sure about others, but I do get a tickle out of me getting "more
then one turn" taxi instructions when I land at KJAN. *Keep in mind
most of my work is at an uncontrolled airport or airports with a
taxiway that runs parallel with the runway.

Never can understandy why they make the centerline reflectors the size
of mount Everest relative to my tiny nosewheel.

Anyhooo,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCSCGKb2ZFwand 8 minutes of
your time will have you endure 4 landings at the above mention
airports.

At least one turn onto final was a bit steep. I was taugh that circuit
turns should be no more than 30 degrees. Your last short field looked
a bit fast -hence the float? I've not flown a sundowder but your nose
never seems to get above the end of the runway -is that because the
trim with flaps down is very level?

Cheers