Old November 17th 12, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
sambodidley[_2_]

Default On Seeing, on Flying, and on Cataracts

"Vaughn" wrote

My vision had deteriorated
below my personal minimum. I saw an optomologist, who diagnosed cataracts
and sent me to an eye surgeon. After one 2-hour trip to the clinic for
each eye to get new lenses implanted inside my eyeballs, I am now 20/20
again! It's amazing to suddenly have brand new HD vision. My natural
vision had decayed so slowly, over so many years, that I had forgotten
what a human is supposed to see. It's an amazing new world!

Been there, done that. Got back to 20/20 just like you did. Then about 5
years later got hit with Macular Degeneration. Now I'm down to 20/200 and
taking Avaistin injections in both eyes every 6 weeks just to keep what
little vision I have left. I have to confine all my flying to computer
simulation with FSX from now on. I guess I'm lucky to still see well enough
to do that. Being blind sucks.