Old April 29th 18, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alex C

Default Bailleau Contest 2018

Hello all,

Apologies first off if this is not the right discussion group to post to.

I just wanted to "advertise" our yearly Bailleau gliding contest held
this year July 31st through August 10th - yes, 2 full weeks of flying.
We are nearly full and nearing our 70 registered pilot capacity. I
nevertheless wanted to reach out to any Brit pilots looking for a
competitive yet fun and relaxed contest, near Chartres, and roughly
70km south of Paris.

Airspace is generous, out-landings are safe with numerous and
lengthy plowed fields, and we aim for 300 to 600km daily tasks
depending on weather and class. Camping ground, restaurant,
shower & toilet facilities are all onsite. Plenty of visiting to do on the

off days.

Dutch, Belgians, Italians and French make up the usual crowd but
we'd be delighted to welcome a sample of our friendly Brexiteers

For more info, check he
http://2018.planeur-bailleau.org/index.php/en

And for the updated contestant list, he
http://2018.planeur-bailleau.org/ind...en/competitors