Old February 6th 18, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fox Two[_2_]

Default Air Mass (Blue dot) on Butterfly

I switched from the CAI to the AirGlide last year, and once I configured it the way I liked it, I've loved it. The blue dot is an excellent aid in determining whether a bump is horizontal or vertical; I am fooled much less often by horizontal gusts with the AirGlide. And once in a thermal, the blue dot leads the vario, so you can find the core faster.

But what's an even more important feature than the blue dot is the instantaneous wind data -- it's the most sophisticated wind measurement system available -- and this feature alone justifies the system's price.

With the blue dot showing you the vertical component of the airmass, and the instantaneous wind showing you the horizontal component, you'll get a much clearer image of what's going on around you. This is cool when looking for blue cloud streets, but it is vital when flying in the mountains below the peaks.

Chris