Old May 6th 20, 07:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default Condor 2 Bug?

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 4:18:16 PM UTC-7, SoaringXCellence wrote:
Dan,

Actually there are two or three places you can control the trim. On a full-sized keyboard,the "Insert" is down trim and the "Delete" is up trim.

You can also us a slider type control on your joystick, but you have to map it using the "Setup/Input" menu, "Assign controls". Using that window, you would click on Trimmer and then move the joystick control that you want to act as trim.

Lastly (as far as I know) you can use the same window to replace the "Insert" and "Delete" keys with buttons on your joystick. I have a Thrustmaster 1600 with a bunch of buttons, I just map one to trim up and another to trim down.

I like that much better than using a slider. I find it much easier to "set" the trim to a repeatable value, I.E. if I have found that -45% will hold the cruise speed I want. I can easily find that again with the buttons. Not so easily with the slider.

Hope that helps,

Mike

thanks Mike I'll try that. I have my Logitech stick set up to use the trigger for trim. Works on the Schleicher (like I fly) gliders but not on the JS-1C. I use the slider for spoilers/ Dan