Old September 7th 04, 05:16 AM
Morgans

"Capt.Doug" wrote in message
"Gilan" wrote in message So how is everyone doing during this

hurricane?

We missed the eye by 5 miles and sat in the eyewall. We were pounded for

12
hours. One of the avocado trees fell over, but we didn't lose a shingle.
There is no electricity and cellphones are sporadic. Most of the airplanes
at the local airports survived with little or no damage. Mirabella Yacht's
hangar in Ft. Pierce was one of the unfortunate few.

D.

Good to hear.

I fear that since Frances was weakened before it hit, and there was not as
much damage as predicted, that too many people will opt to stay for the next
bad one, and they will not be so lucky. It seems to go in cycles.
--
Jim in NC

---