Old August 21st 03, 01:44 AM
Marty Ross

Thanks to everyone in the group for their sincere replies to this.

From the posts in this thread, I have considered two options I didn't think
of befo

1.) Just fly VFR only (as I did before I got my rating), until I plan a trip
where I want the option if flying in IMC, and do an IPC with a CFII to
prepare for it

2.) Become an instrument instructor

Though my current budget doesn't really have room for it, I like (2) best.
I asked my instructor about this, and he thinks I should do it. What he
recommended that surprised me, however, was to do the instrument-instructor
first, since he says it's easier than getting the CFI. What's up with
that??

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
et...
"Infrequent flying & IFR currency" - sounds like an oxymoron, I know.

I'm limiting my flying now due to lack of income (anyone have work for a
software developer?), yet would like to try to maintain my (recently
acquired) IFR currency.

I guess my best bet is to beg/borrow/steal/hire a safety pilot and shoot

an
approach or two (plus the other stuff) every month, in addition to

practice
in my home simulator, but I'm wondering what other wisdom/ideas I'll find
out there amongst y'all in the newsgroup.

Any tips, recommendations for keeping IFR currency as a non-owner on a
budget?