Old June 16th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

Default PHIL BOYER: 40% OF AOPA MEMBERS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASINGTHEIR FLYING DUE TO FUEL PRICES

On Jun 15, 4:33 pm, kontiki wrote:
Larry Dighera wrote:

Although I believe it will hurt a lot of workers and small businesses,

Yeah, who cares about them.... they're just the backbone of the country.

it should facilitate a more sound energy policy for our nation.

what energy policy? give us an example of one Larry. And don't use
the word 'they" because I hate that.

It will also make telecommuting and teleconferencing move into the
mainstream. That should have a positive effect on the environment,
but resourceful marketers and corporations may use the public's
distress as an excuse to build more nuclear and coal fired electrical
generating facilities, instead of moving toward wind and solar.

My feelings about it are not at all mixed.

You probably have to drive a considerable distance to work every day.

Wrong. I drive 9 miles to work, and usually drive my motorcycle

Not your grandfather's Harley:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news/video/77000/nb/
77303_16x9_nb.asx
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news/video/77000/nb/
77214_16x9_nb.asx

so I can handle it. I just think its stupid to bankrupt a nation
for the sake of a religion... and observe nation that *are* producing
energy soak up money from hard working Americans.... when it doesn't
have to be that way.

But hey... why should I care? I only drive a motorcycle 9 miles.
Screw everybody else. That's my energy policy.

I wonder how much oil is consumed by the world in, say, a 1-hour
period (on average). Or even 1 minute...

Regards,
Jon