Old August 16th 19, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Tire pressure monitor

Clever! But, are there solid tire wheels that could replace the pneumatic one? Or
get it filled with foam?

I know some owners have talked about having the tailwheel foamed. I don't really know if foam is good enough or not. A key function of the tailwheel tire is to protect the structure against hard impacts. Spring and damping dynamics of foamed tires certainly differ from air. I'm willing to make little design deviations like that only when I'm personally very sure that there won't be adverse consequences.