Old July 25th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_2_]

Default Electric Sonex

wrote:
On Jul 24, 8:35 pm, Dan Nafe wrote:

I love it. We need to stop using ferin' oil, this is the first of many
steps in the right direction.

Except that way too much electricity is being generated
using oil or natural gas, and the losses of efficiency in first
burning the stuff, then generating electricity, transmitting it long
distances and losing more, then the heat losses in running chargers
and more heat off the batteries, I think we'd end up burning nearly
twice as much as if we just stuck a VW on it.
Coal is more available but is so dirty. Nuclear is really
avaiable but isn't cheap and scares too many folks.

Dan

I can almost envision a coal fired Sonex.

Fill the baggage compartment with coal and the "passenger" gets a
shovel...