Old October 15th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Jay, watch those Pathfinder keys!

Reading about Jay's son Joe soloing over the house and eventually
asking for the Pathfinder for a date reminded me of a funny story.

My oldest brother had recently gotten his private cert. in the 70s
and, in my dad's absense, convinced my mom that "dad said I could take
my girlfriend on a plane ride." My dad was on a day-long trip training
a pilot in the Howard 500.
My brother had convinced mom to give him the keys to the Cessna 182 so
he could take his girlfriend (now wife) flying. So they climb into the
family plane, which dad had NOT given permission to do, and fly up to
Austin (from San Antonio) for a nice lunch.
During lunch, dad happened to land in Austin and taxi the big Howard
up to the FBO and, looking at the ramp thought; "WHAT is my airplane
doing up here?"
Can anyone say; "OOPS?!"

Ricky