Old May 8th 13, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary O'Neill[_2_]

Default Jantar 2b opinions sought

I am on a diet to get back to flying weight and 6'ft one"but
very broad and the length tailbone to top of the head makes it impossible
for me to fly certain models ,Lak12 for example.
I owned a Kestrel 17 for years ,tight but ok most ASW ships are fine ,ASW17
has a drag chute deploy left side low which digs into my leg in normal
flight position so mods would required. Of the ships I have tried the ASW17
is the most comfortable LS3,ventus B. Nimbus2 and so on.
My wife has her hands on the budget and bang for buck
old open class fits , you just have to more experienced because they are
not for beginners.
J 2B s are not here to try out so I am trying to get info on them.

At 12:11 07 May 2013, C-FFKQ 42 wrote:
Gary, you don't say how big you are.
I'm 6'3" and 240 lbs, so I fill most cockpits... before I even put on a
parachute.
I fly a Slingsby Kestrel 19-metre, which has a big cockpit. The ship
weighs 730 lbs and the wing panels are 205 lbs each. I use a one-man
rigger and get ready to fly in 30-40 minutes without help.
I help a club-mate rig his ASW-17 in the Spring; it's quite a beast on

the
ground but flies beautifully. I wouldn't fit in it and it's W&B says I'm
much too heavy.

-John