Old May 8th 15, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How can I download my current PowerFlarm configuratoin?

It seems that many people have a fear of configuring or making changes to the configuration file of their PowerFlarm systems.
There is not really a good reason for that fear.
The Flarm configuration tool works pretty well.
(http://flarm.com/support/tools-softw...guration-tool/)
On my webpages, you can also find more details about the different parameters and the options.
(https://sites.google.com/site/threeu...f-brick-config)

Robert.
To answer your question: There is no way to directly download the configuration parameters.
The previous owner might have configured the box to output a system log file (not a IGC log file).
Assuming that you have a PF Core, put an empty USB stick in the slot and power up. Then take the USB stick out and see what other files than IGC files are on the stick.
There might be files like PFC00204.TXT and/or FLARMDEV.CSV.
When you go through these files, you can find a lot of the parameters.

If the above mentioned files are not there, you can re-configure the core to output a debug log file by loading new configuration commands.
But in my opinion, instead of doing the above or instead of changing single parameters, you might just as well learn to understand all of the configuration parameters/commands and upload a fresh, completely reviewed, proper configuration file.
It is really no rocket science, pretty straight forward.
As said above, you can use the generator tool to create the complete configuration file.
Nowadays the first command that the generator includes, is to reset all parameters to default values.

Before getting started, there are a few pieces of info you need to collect:
- the ICAO HEX code for your ship ( from the FAA N-number database)
- your type of transponder. (none, ModeC or ModeS)
- The baud rate of the equipment that you connect to the PF Core data ports
e.g. a Butterfly Display is on port1, 19.2kBaud with Protocol 6.
a flight computer is on port2, 19.2kBaud with GPS and Flarm data.

Make sure that you only have the new configuration file in the root directory of your USB stick. IGC files in the root directory are tolerated.
If you intend to do a PF Core or Butterfly Display FirmWare update, you may have those files in the root directory too (and follow the proper procedures for that).
Don't forget to remove all these update files when you are done, to avoid re-loading stuff at your next power-up.

Hope that helps.
3U