Old September 11th 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

Default FAA PTS "Slips to Landing" requirement vs No-spoiler landings

On Sep 10, 8:02*pm, "vaughn"
wrote:
"Mike the Strike" wrote in ... I do know of one where the spoiler handle on a Grob 103
broke after they had been deployed and jammed full open, resulting in
an off-field landing.

And I know of a case where just one spoiler deployed on a glider. *Causes a
nasty uncommanded roll. *The only solution (once you figure out what is
going on) is to close the spoilers and proceed without them.

Vaughn

Nah, you can do a really cool slip with one spoiler.