Old March 3rd 04, 01:48 PM

(B2431) wrote:

Masking tape should NEVER be used to wrap pitot tubes or cover static ports.

As far as leaving the tape on the maintainer is supposed to write it up, the
maintainer is supposed to remove the tape when he is done and document it, the
pilot is supposed to read the forms, the pilot is supposed to preflight the
aircraft which specifically includes checking the static ports etc.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Y'know, I find it amazing to hear of where someone 'missed' a
taped over static port before a flight. In all of the multi
thousands of preflights that I've done I've NEVER done that,
never, nor heard of any of my compatriots doing it
either...amazing indeed.
--

-Gord.