Old July 13th 03, 09:09 PM
Paul

I guess the orginal question may have already been answered but here goes.

Ka6e. you sit upright, rudder is adjustable. Seatback is not. Canopy is not
hinged and is removable. Light and responsive handling. Climbs on the whiff
of a thermal. Nice and simple to rig. Light wings
Foka 4 Main wheel aft of C of G. Nose sits on a long skid. Long canopy that
slids forward. you lie down in it. Rudder doesn't adjust. Seatback does.
Real tight fit if broad shouldered. Excellent handling. Needs a bit more
than a whiff of a thermal to keep it up. Fully aerobatic if you are that way
inclined. More complicated to rig. Wings are heavier. A real weapon in the
hands of an aggressive pilot.

The choice would depend on where you fly. If you operate of seal/ gravel
strips. I would stay away from the Foka as the skid would wear out and need
replacing often. If the conditions you fly in are weak most of the time then
the Ka 6e would be better. The most important. Try each on for size. Both
are very different cockpits.
Paul