Old July 25th 03, 03:35 AM
Bob Gibbons

Ships like the K-6e are an excellent first ship for any new pilot.
Just to make sure they do not get the wrong idea from Frank's
comments, I will say that in my 5 years and 600 hrs of flying my K-6e,
I NEVER experienced a wing drop.

Frank may be referring to the right swinging tendency caused by the
left low CG tow hook. This is an entirely different issue from a wing
drop and is easily handled by having the wing runner hold back
appropriately on the left side wing for the first few feet of the
takeoff run.

Bob

On 23 Jul 2003 04:35:37 -0700, (Frank Dobbs)
wrote:

Personally, I fly a Zugvogel IIIa.

This has very similar performance, with the extra L/D of the Foka. It
doesn't drop a wing on takeoff ground run like the K6e. It has loads
of room in the cockpit (I can barely fit into a K6e being 6 foot 2 and
a half inches tall).