Old July 25th 03, 05:03 PM
Ron Natalie

"Bob Noel" wrote in message ...
In article , "Ron
Natalie" wrote:

it wasnt 35 to install tires, it was 35$ to put air in them.
.5 hours labor is what I was charged.

Your shop gets $70/hour? Crikes....

not to mention taking .5 to put air in.

It takes me about that to put air in my tires. I have to get a
screwdriver, guage, and air tank. Unscrew the screws holding
the hubcap on, chase away the earwigs that nest in my wheels,
pump up the tires, put the hubcap back on and then go around
and do the other side and then put all the stuff away. .5 ends
up not being too far off.

Actually, my shop would never charge me, because they wouldn't
do it. They'd hand me the tire guage and tell me to go get the tank
and do it myself. My mechanic divides her customers into two
groups: Aircraft owners (i.e., those who are willing to turn a
wrench on their plane under her supervision) and those who are "just pilots."

One day a guy based on the field came in and said he thought his
battery needed checking. Bobbi told him to go bring it in. She got
a blank stare for a minute and then said, "Right, You're just a pilot."