Old March 17th 04, 06:12 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Newps" wrote in message
news:W4Q5c.26805$JL2.309197@attbi_s03...

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

My daughter is graduating high school this May, and is looking to
do a GWBush by joining the Air National Guard. The job she's most

interested
in is Air Traffic Controller. She's also contemplating doing AFROTC at

the
same time (don't think she can do ROTC while being in ANG).

I _assume_ this would be an advantage toward later being an FAA

controller.
In any case, we'd appreciate some comments, advice, warnings, etc., that
would assist her along this path. What might she expect after her Air

Force
tour is up?

I don't see being a military controller as being an adavantage. If she
knows she wants to be a controller then go to one of the colleges that
will train you as a controller and the FAA guarantees you a job after
you graduate. An example is the University of North Dakota. They have
unbelievably good training facilities at the college. There are several
others across the country. I have seen a couple of Air Force facilities
and was not impressed.

Thanks for the info.

Thing is, she wants to do the Air Force (ANG or ROTC) thing to put herself
through college.

I'll see what she says about different schools, but she thinks she's not
ready to "leave home" yet. One that I have some knowledge about is
Embry-Riddle, but I don't think they have an ATC program.

Thanks again.

Tom