Old August 17th 05, 08:24 AM
John Galloway

Sounds like symptoms compatible with a leak on the
flask side of the vario. The faster you go the greater
the negative pressure in the TE line sucking air through
the vario so giving a false positive reading.

Also if you have mini winter vario the pneumatic connections
on the back are quite fragile and can be loosened when
pulling tubes off. That could be a leak source. I've
done that.

John Galloway

At 00:24 17 August 2005, Roy Bourgeois wrote:
Hal:
Forgive me if this is obvious and you have checked
it - but Winter varios
can freeze in operation due to the presence of moisture
and cold
(especially from wave or spring flying). Are you sure
that this is not
what is happening? It happens in my Nimbus 3 every
spring for a few
flights after the winter season layover. My 302 works
fine but the Winter
vario is sometimes sticks pointing in the opposite
direction - and then it
'unsticks'. Sunlight on the panel can make the problem
go away.

Just a thought

Roy B.

Roy A. Bourgeois