Old April 27th 06, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default bought the plane today

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Guy Byars" wrote in message news:Fl04g.23541
Congratulations. You ought to look into an Auto Gas STC for your plane.

I thought the gubmint mandated ethanol had pretty much made auto gas
useless
in a plane.

Neal Boortz:
http://www.epa.gov/mtbe/
"Congress recently refused to protect the MTBE makers from liability from
frivolous lawsuits. MTBE is a component in gasoline ... and the makers are
bailing. MTBE is to be replaced by ethanol .. .but the ethanol producers
just can't keep up! This affects supply, and reduced supply in the face of
increased demand means what? Higher gas prices? Could we get the ethanol
we need from overseas? Why yes! We could! But the Bush administration has
a 54 cent-per-gallon import duty on imported ethanol! There's your price
gouging! Drop that import duty and I wonder what would happen to gas
prices."