Old June 8th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

Default Shoulder strap discussion

Keep in mind that cockpit/belt 'fit' differs widely with pilot
physique. 4-point belts which works great for one pilot may be
problematic for another. 5/6 point belts work great for me and I like
them. Unfortunately, they aren't fitted (or available) for all
gliders. Even if they are available, it would involve a form 337 to
install them. There are really no absolutes.

The shoulder pad idea is just to gain yet another option for smaller
pilots.

I took a look at my parachute and it already has thin shoulder pads on
the harness. Unfortunately, they are rounded on top which makes the
shoulder belts tend to slide off. I think I'll ask my rigger if
something could be done about that.