Old March 14th 17, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Seniors 2017

I consider the current start height rule much better than the "screaming from up high to do the Limbo entering the course" we had some time ago.
Better was when a good pilot went on course (with that old rule), gliders appeared from all over (some from up the side of clouds) screaming along so they could follow. I KNOW there were trips well past VNE so pilots could get low enough and then they would zoom back up after hearing, "good start so and so"!