Old November 24th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default Stopping a Tail Tank Drip

On Nov 24, 5:23*pm, Bruno wrote:
On Nov 24, 12:39*pm, jcarlyle wrote:

Need some advice for stopping a drip (once per 20 seconds) from a tail
tank.

I'm in the same boat. *I emptied out the tank and blew air up into the
line from the bottom and then filled it again and the drip was gone.
I head dirt/debris move around inside the tank and figure that was not
allowing the valve to close completely on my ASW-20B tail tank. *That
said, anyone have any good idea how to clean out one of these tanks?
You might have the same problem.

Good luck.
Bruno - B4

Depends what's in there. Step one: remove tank, inspect.

My 20B has a welded aluminum tank that required major work two years
ago to restore to service. New electric valve, some cutting &
welding. Cleaning, blasting, corrosion proofing and sealing with fuel
tank sealer. Works great since, no leaks.

-Evan Ludeman / T8