Old December 19th 03, 05:58 AM
Wright1902Glider

Very true Kevin, their machine did fly when the weather was better. It also
crashed when the weather was better. Par for the course when dealing with
Wright machines. Mine almost got away from me several times at Stuart, FL last
month, and did a little flying on its own. My own expedition to KH last
October failed miserabily and I'm still paying it off. Which is why I havn't
flown my '02 yet.

In my book, it all counts. Some machines are better examples than others, but
it all counts... because its just so damned hard to build one. However, there
have been a lot of politics, money, and egos surrounding this little adventure
since 1997 that I won't go into. And if I seem like I'm getting in a few digs,
well, I am. But its on account of factors other than the success or failure of
a certain team's machine. And its all in good fun. I'd have a beer with any
of the other Wright reproduction / replica builders, and welcome the
opportunity to discuss the fine points that are unique to our machines.

Truth be told, Wilbur and Orville Wright were incredibly talented, amazingly
devoted, and tirelessly comitted to designing and building flying machines.
And we have been the benificiaries. I look forward to meeting them when my
time comes. But don't think won't ask Orville what "added springs to our end
twisting mechanism" means.

Harry "hip-cradle induced bruise" Frey