Old February 9th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Private pilot license

"Skylune" wrote

I might yet do it, as I sold the boat, and will have some free time. If
can't find the time to fly at least once per week, I won't bother.

I tried that once, and realized I could develop just enough skills to be
dangerous, but still legal. That, plus the totally unprofessional CFI at
FRG (I can't mention the companies or individuals name: that could start
a libel suit) caused me to pull the plug after 15 hours...

Everything you write seems to contain at least one slam against the AOPA,
FAA, NTSB, or flying in general - you just can't seem to help yourself, can
you?

If you feel that your skills have deteriorated to the point that you are
dangerous, does it really make any difference whether you are "legal" or
not? The amount of flying it takes to stay "current" varies from individual
to individual, and is also somewhat related to experience level. That being
the case, how do you regulate the amount of flying it takes for everyone to
be "safe"?

It would be nice if we could start to give people at least some credit for
having a minimum amount of common sense. Some things in life were not meant
for everyone - flying is one of them, especially if you expect to be able to
abdicate your responsibility for keeping yourself safe to the FAA.

BDS