Old January 28th 15, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_11_]

Default Minutes of Fall 2014 USA Rules Committee meeting posted on SSA website

Well said P3!!!

As I have always said, for any rules to work, there has got to be enforcement. If there is no enforcement, then why have rules at all. As a CD, if there is a rule in effect, I am more than willing to enforce it. Any CD who is not is not doing his or her job. This is how our sport has been conducted, successfully for many many years.

Unless they are the laws of nature and physics, rules are an artificial construct to create a system or "game" - in our case it is glider racing. Rules define the very nature of all sport.

As an artificial construct, the rules of sport are by definition a CHOICE! Maybe the choice is to grow the sport by allowing all technology into the cockpit. But maybe the choice is to restrict and enforce certain technology in the interests of the sport.

If all glider racing turns into a technology free for all in the name of simplification and some imaginary gentlemen's code of conduct holding sway, then I do not know how long I will stomach the sport I love so much.

Respectfully,
Tim EY