Old November 13th 06, 05:01 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim,rec.aviation.simulators
Blue

Default Can't install FSX

Do a fresh Windows install?
That cure seems worse than the illness.
Even if I could do it without reformatting and losing all it would put me
back to SP1 version of Windows with long days of updating on my dial up. My
computer is four years old and my plan is to wait until Spring and replace
it with a new maching with Vista pre-installed.
Blue

"Nicolaj C." wrote in message
. ..
"Blue" wrote in message
Nearing the end of the FSX install, approximately 1hour and thirty
minutes, I get the message:

"Error 1722
There is a problem with this Windows installer. A program run as part
of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel
or package vendor."

Acknowledging this dialogue box opens another stating "rolling back"
with cpu activity for several minutes.

Then another box appears:

Error 1603

Then it returns to the desktop and the hard disk has as much empty space
as it did when I started.

I then installed a later version of the "installer" program, did a clean
boot (no startup programs) and tried again - exact same result.

Anyone else have this experience?

Blue

Many Microsoft customers has had this experince and so far Microsoft
cannot solve it. Do a fresh windows install. That will solve it. After
spending countless days doing all the tips and hints on the net - that was
the only way, I found.