Old October 28th 03, 03:28 PM
John R. Copeland

wrote in message =
=20
"John R. Copeland" wrote:
=20

I suppose the term "glideslope" will persist in the future as a =

generic term.
Even the Pilot/Controller Glossary with the AIM doesn't restrict it =

to ILS.
It mentions the ILS glideslope as just one example of "vertical =

guidance
for aircraft during approach and landing".
---JRC---

=20
The term used by FAA TERPs developers for Baro VNAV, LPV, and GLS, is =

"glidepath."
=20

My Pilot/Controller Glossary says "GLIDEPATH - (See GLIDESLOPE.)"
That probably means "Use either word" for now.
Time will tell if one term wins out over the other.

Interestingly, the P/CG shows a definition for "GLIDEPATH [ICAO]".
Maybe a Glidepath is a *metric* Glideslope. :-)
---JRC---