Old July 13th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Heart trouble

On 2007-07-13 07:46:03 -0700, Tina said:

Re a-fib, very very common. May not screw up your medical, There are
meds that work to control it, but ablation seems like a sure cure for
many. If it's serious you MUST get onto an aggressive anticoagulant,
check with your MD. Coumadin is most often used.

You'll be told a-fib is not life threatening, that no one dies of it.
That's true, BUT that turbulant blood flow can cause clots, and those
can cause strokes, that's why an anti coagulant is needed.

Hah! Not exactly comforting. I got extremely small veins, you know. It
takes 'em four or five tries to get a blood test. :-)

They gave me Warfarin, which is a coumadin derivative.

I think that is the main thing -- making sure that:
a) Whatever caused it is not life threatening, it coming on so suddenly and
b) Whatever medication they give me doesn't ground me.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor