Old July 13th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dale[_3_]

Default Heart trouble

In article 2007071307362816807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom,
C J Campbell wrote:

It appears that I am having a little bit of trouble with my heart. It
came on rather suddenly, as an EKG last December showed no problem at
all. But apparently I have developed something called an atrial
fibrillation. It doesn't look good for my flying status, but we shall
see.

BT,DT with the A-fib. A-fib is the most common arythmia...not a big
deal in most cases.

I had a bought of A-fib back in '03. I had to have several tests done.
One is the wearing of a 24 hour heart monitor (they'll want to know if
it happens a lot or if it was a one time deal). I had to have an
echocardiagram done (sonogram of the heart) to make sure the hearts
structure was good. In my case (I have very good insurance) we also did
a heart catherization. I did a stress EKG also.

In my case it was determined to be "lone a-fib" and the local head AME
signed me off to get back in the cockpit. A-fib is very common and even
guys with Class 1 medicals have it and are still flying.

My suggestions:

Find a GOOD cardiologist that specializes in electro physciology. A fib
is a wiring problem, it is not a plumbing problem.

Find an AME that specializes in working with the FAA on "problem"
medicals. These folks are worth their weight in gold.

For me things went south 18 months ago. I was diagnosed with Brugada
Syndrome and have been grounded. Supposedly my file is in DC being
reviewed but I don't have any hope of it being reinstated....I've
started looking at sailboats for sail. G

your condition and Brugada. If you haven't already, Google A-fib
and Brugada. A-fib is very common in Brugada folks. Brugada usually
kills you so make sure that isn't an issue.