Old May 20th 15, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Dukerich[_2_]

Default Komet Trailer tongue surge damper needed

http://www.tauntontrailers.co.uk

I know it is a UK website, but my order was delivered to Phoenix in a short amount on time.

Tom

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 1:38:54 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hoping someone on this group has sourced a surge damper for a Komet Trailer built in 1986. I have already taken the trailer tongue apart and the damper is a "Stabilus" brand (made in Germany) I believe the part number is "87 0007 09/S". Also on the damper is are the following line of numbers "067997 01 22 126 12/86 D79". I believe the part number is the first number listed. I am trying to source this part either in the USA or delivered to USA.

I have sent an email to Knott-Bremsentechnik in Germany the supplier of the Trailer tongue and brakes for Komet but have not heard back (hope someone there reads English). There is also a Stabilus USA location in the North Carolina that I am attempting to contact.

I believe the damper to be a combination of gas spring and dampener however I can't readily discern from any of the numbers on the unit what spring rate or dampening rate so it would be hard to spec a different manufacturer.. I am willing to use an alternate unit if I only have to make a bushing or new threaded end fitting.

Thanks
Mel
N68LS
LS6-A