Old October 8th 20, 10:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

Idaflieg measurements are never published to the public.

Le mardi 6 octobre 2020 Ã* 22:37:22 UTC+2, jfitch a écritÂ*:
Link? Google produces zero results.
On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 1
1:00:06 AM UTC-7, Paul T wrote:
At 15:39 06 October 2020, jfitch wrote:
They are claiming 63:1, that is 7 points higher than AS claim of 56:1. I
th=
ink it is best explained by a mistake in their math. I'd be interested in
s=
eeing the test data proving it.=20

On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 12:53:25 AM UTC-7, Carlo Orsini

wrote:
Thank you for your first hand infos, those are good news for me (I

don't
=
understand why they advertise these dimensions in a different way).

JS2
see=
ms to be a nice project overall. Hard to me to understand where they
strech=
ed out those +4 points of efficency in 21m, according to their

calculated
p=
olars, compared to ASH31 (yes I know that '31 profiles are a bit
superseede=
d and the aspect ratio is a factor too but 4 points are a huge

amount!!).
Those two dimensions for the JS2 and the ASH31 are clearly not

be
compa=
rable - one internal cockpit rim and one external I guess. The 525mm
should=
er width for the JS2 is exactly the same as the quoted figure for the

JS1
(=
and JS3) and the JS1 cockpit roominess is fully equal to the ASH26/31

from
=
which it was derived. I have 4 years in a JS1 followed by 2 in the ASH

26e
=
and they are so similar that it would be hard to know which cockpit I

was
i=
n with my eyes closed. Looking at the JS2 cockpit photographs it

obvious
th=
at its structural cockpit rim design is the same as the 31, 26 and JS1..

JS
=
do not make small cockpits.

I believe the Idafleig measured a JS1C at 63:1......so the JS2 witH its
few improvements on the JS1C should achieve that....