Old October 24th 05, 06:52 PM
Bill

Default Visible wingtip vortex!

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:50:20 -0500, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

Not the wingtip vortices, but prop wash vortices. On very humid days, we
can see them swirl past the cabin of our Aztec on take off roll. I've also
seen them many times watching crop dusters take off.
Jim

I've seen that as well, but it's visible from every angle. It's
essentially a small cloud created at the tip of the prop.

This was absolutely invisble unless you were centered behind it. Then
you got a distorted view of everything through it. It wasn't white,
it was clear.

Bill Strahan