Old March 15th 10, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Default Safari for sale

On Mar 10, 5:28*am, "Stu Fields" wrote:
"JohnO" wrote in message

On Mar 3, 3:12 pm, "Stu Fields" wrote:

I'm selling my Safari $70K. If interested call (760) 377 4478 for a bunch
of extras.

Starting on a Hummingbird, Stu?

Nope. *I've got a Helicycle kit under construction. *Just can't get around
the more expensive Hummingbird. *I should probably just bite the bullet..
The Hummingbird is probably the best experimental helicopter out there. *If
Brad ever did a smaller two seat ship, I would be interested for sure.

I can't see that ever happening though. One thing to re-issue an
existing certified design as experimental, but another thing
altogether to get a new design out there - especially in competition
with a established designs such as RW and Safari.

What would be the main advantages of a 2 seat HB over a Safari?

It would be cool if Sikorsky/Schweitzer ever gave up building 2
seaters and allowed the 269 design to be taken over for experimental
home builders though!