Old December 23rd 05, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default We're getting old, folks...

In article PVKqf.645770$_o.446153@attbi_s71,
Jay Honeck wrote:
First, my wife does not like flying.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this from a pilot, I'd be rich.

What *is* it with you guys, all hanging around with gals who don't like to
fly?

It didn't really come up in our relationship until much later (we had
been married for a number of years when I finally decided to learn to
fly). If you have to choose between a hobby and your spouse ... well,
I guess the choice is obvious to me. If you had a spouse that didn't
like flying, would that be a deal-breaker for the relationship?

I'm not sure why this is so different now than, say, 20 years ago.
It seems people are a lot more scared of things in general than
they used to be. Maybe that translates into more scared spouses,
and as a result less active pilots.

--Ken