Old June 15th 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
tankfixer

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

In article , says...
tankfixer wrote:
In article z484k.1094$L03.864@edtnps92,

says...
The unit cost for A-10's is quoted at roughly US $10-15
million on the sites I found. All I know is that the F-22 unit cost is
somewhere north of US $100 million (the Air Force says $142 million on their
factsheet but who knows which unit cost that is) and the F-35 unit cost is
also over US $100 million.

That A-10 cost was probably for the lst ones built, way back when ??

I can FEDLOG the M35 2-1/2 ton truck and get a price. Last Time I
checked a M35A2 was $47,000 or so..
But you can't order any new ones because the production line is long
gone.

My copy of Fed Log is 10 years old. Do they still publish it on
CD-ROM? I'd love to get my hands on a current set.

A 5 disk set of CD-ROM or a single DVD..
Still FOUO

I shudder to remember the days of looking up a part on the fisch.

--

"Oh Norman, listen! The loons are calling!"
- Katherine Hepburn, "On Golden Pond"