Old July 10th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Ken S. Tucker

Default Training Birdy the Budgy.

On Jul 9, 4:07 pm, Rich Ahrens wrote:
on 7/9/2008 12:53 PM Ken S. Tucker said the following:

I'd use a queer squeeky voice

I bet.

I picked up the accent while working in Toronto :-).

But you got me thinking. Birds and bats need to
somehow tune out the white noise of the air going
past them while they fly so they can still hear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ear

Perhaps their cochlea, being rather small, are more
sensitive to higher frequencies, sounds good to me.
Birdy would ignore me when I used regular speech,
probably below his threshold. But I started using a
high pitched scratchy fem voice for him and he liked
it, and emulated it.

I'm interested in that kind of stuff, I designed this
unit including the electronics,
http://www.trak4.com/earco/index.html
which we use to listen to birds with.
Ken