Old November 21st 05, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Prop strike effect on resale value?

John Doe wrote:
Got a general question for the group:

If a used plane is for sale on the market, what effect is a prior prop
strike going to have on it's resale value?

It depends. How long ago? Was the prop overhauled? Replaced? Engine overhauled?
I don't think you'll find a cut-and-dried answer. It just comes down to what
else is available, at what price, and what the seller and buyer are willing to do.

I haven't found anything on any of the valuation services like Vref that
talk about any kind of previous damage.

For something like that, skip the freebie evaluation services. Pay ~$20 and get
a valuation from http://www.aeroprice.com

I know it's all in the eye of the beholder, but I'm wondering if there is
any presidence in devaluation based on previous damage history.

Whether there are any precedents?