Old January 9th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.music.classical,rec.aviation.products,alt.astronomy,ne.weather,demon.local
Lora

Default Anyone Know What This Pipe Type Instrument Is?

"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
ups.com...
clarinet.fan wrote:
"John W. Kennedy" wrote in message
clarinet.fan wrote:
Clearly not - too high. I wonder if anyone has made an

octocontrabass
recorder & what it would sound like.

Dolmetsch is currently prototyping a "double contrabass recorder".

Interesting. Are there any recordings - does it sound any good?

Low whistles go down only into alto country -- rarely tenor --

probably
because the idea of putting keywork on a whistle seems contradictory.

I saw a bass recorder with no keys, and one of my friends actually

played
it, but I couldn't because my hands aren't big enough.

I don't like carnies.

What does that have to do with music, troll?