Old April 5th 20, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

Hello Charles,
I agree with most all you shared. As for off field landing, no one here is even contemplating going anywhere. Its all just been local flying period.

As for the potential of an accident, really, do you think we should all stay home for fear of getting into a wreck in our cars or our gliders? Come on now, if we are being called to have that fear now, why not all the time? Because maybe when you have your wreck the kids school bus also is going to have a wreck and OR’s are going to be limited, etc ect ect, tou fill in the blanks of possible situations. Its not an issue of not being socially responsible, its a matter of applying informed common sense.

That being said, if I lived in the NY, NJ, or LA area, I would give a more serious thought to limited or overloaded medical facilities. We do not have that situation here.