Old February 25th 04, 02:11 PM
David

I'm not sure, but i think he said it was carbon.

"Rich" wrote in message
What was fouling it? Oil? Carbon? Lead?

Lots of different answers depending on what the cause was.

Rich

David R. wrote:
We have a 1979 Cessna 182RG with 1350 hours since overhaul. 6 weeks

ago,
we began to notice the engine to be rough on the right magneto during
run-up. Over two weeks, it became increasingly difficult to burn it off

by
leaning during the run-up, until one day when it became impossible. We
noticed on the engine monitor that the #5 cylinder head temp was cold

during
the run-up. Our mechanic looked at it, and yep, it was a fouled spark

plug
which was replaced. Now, about 15 hours later (and an annual), we have

the
same problem with the #5 cylinder. It's going back to the shop today.

Any
ideas? Why the same cylinder? What should we be looking for?