Old November 9th 03, 04:34 AM
Al Denelsbeck

"Peter Duniho" wrote in
:

Obviously not a pilot. Or at least, not a skilled one. There are
numerous situations where airspeed is controlled with pitch, and the
only way to increase airspeed with pitch is to lower the nose.

For whatever reason, you have gotten your nose all bent out of shape
for nothing. But you might want to stop before you've dug yourself
even deeper. The more you talk about flying, the less it looks like
you know.

'Numerous' situations? I would question that, but then I tend to define
'numerous' differently. But you're right, there isn't much point in
escalating it.

I would suspect we're at cross purposes regarding the intention of
John Stewart's post. I interpreted it to mean that forward flight was
achieved in a helo *only* by lowering the nose, and this is true enough.
You won't manage it otherwise. This *is* different from a fixed-wing, where
forward motion isn't related (in most cases) to body pitch, but to the
thrust from the engine. You appear to have chosen to make a case against
the statement in its literal sense. Whatever floats your boat - I tend to
feel this is a counterproductive approach. I suppose you've gotten some
point across, just not sure what it might be.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain