Old February 6th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Navdata currency question

Hello,

I have to make an IFR flight on or about the 15th of february. My plane
has a garmin GNS430 in it, and the navdata is several years out-of-date.
The GPS is also reporting navdata errors, so I need to get a new card. I'm
going to buy a Jepp one-time update.

The current Jepp cycle expires the 17th and the next card becomes
effective the 18th. My question is -- can I buy the newer card (which
becomes effective the 18th) and use it on the 15th, BEFORE the effective
date on the card.

I've looked around, but I haven't found any info on whether you can use
navdata before the effective-date.

Thanks.

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android