Old June 6th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default flying to New York City

In a previous article, said:
Hi all. I'd appreciate any thoughts on which is the best airport to
land at in a single if flying in to visit Manhattan and parking up for
2 nights. Which airport provides the best combination of affordable
parking and affordable but swift access to Manhattan?

Teterboro seems expensive but a bit closer than White Plains. Does TEB
save you any time or not really?

How about LDJ? I tried to call the FBO for information but can't get
through.

Oh snap! I was just about to ask the same question - I've got a job
interview in Manhattan next Friday and thought about stretching it out to
a two night stay. The only time I've been close to the New York City
Class B in the past was a trip to Caldwell NJ to pick out soapstone for
our counter tops and found that a very nice airport if a little difficult
to leave IFR, so I'd be interested to know the answers to this as well.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://blog.xcski.com/