Old September 15th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Medical question (PAD)

Steve wrote:
"Peter Clark" wrote in message

Joining AOPA (http://www.aopa.org/ ) gives you access to a team of
people who specialize in medical issues and how to get through them if
it's possible under the regulations. If you're a student pilot, I
believe they even have a six month free offer (but it's been a while
since I originally subscribed) which can help get you through it
without having to pay the membership fee and see some of the other
membership benefits (the magazines, members section of the website, et
al) and let you have an informed decision as to whether to continue
being a member when the trial term is up.

Thanks much, sounds like just what I need. I'll check it out.

And once you do go to their forums. They have a "Medical Matters" forum
in there where Dr. Bruce Chien has helped a lot of people with medical
issues. He is a CFIA-I-MEI-ATP, AME and on AOPA's Board of Aviation
Medical advisers. He answers questions very quickly in the forum and via
private messages.